How to ask clients for Google Business Reviews?
In current business practice its impossible to get out of asking your customers/clients to review you.
If your going to get a Google + review you need to ask them to do so.
This can be done in a variety ways:
1) Once you have completed a job/task ask them to leave a review
2) Ask a customer following a recent interaction
3) Prompt them to follow a link via an email
4) Kindly ask them when you send them the bill
5) Conclude a telephone conversation by asking them to kindly do the needful
It’s important to take every opportunity you can to ask your customer to simply review your business.
It’s simple, if you don’t ask then you won’t get. In the Business to Business sector its likely that both customers and suppliers are looking for their own reviews in return. You may even decide to offer an incentive (cash savings or vouchers) to encourage people to take part in the process.
Show clients how to leave Google Business Review
Some customers will know exactly how to leave a review on Google and others won’t.
It’s important to spell out the process to make it easy and pain free for them otherwise they will give up easily.
1) Sign in to Google (Gmail account)
2) Search for the business in Google
3) Click to leave a review
4) Select the star rating, leave a review and submit
The most important thing here is highlighting that in order to leave a google review you have to be signed into your google account.
This is where emails with links can go wrong if its not explained that in order to leave a review you must be signed in
to your google account.
Send clients Google Review link
In order to get customers to engage with your Google Business review the easiest way is to email them a link to your review section. However, it’s important to remind them that they must be signed into their Google + account in order to complete the review.
1) Search for your business on Google
2) Click the reviews section within your Google Business information
3) Click Write the review
4) Select the entire https:// link at the top then copy it. This is the link you give to people.
5) Use Googles link shortening tool https://goo.gl/
Reminding Clients to leave a review
Everyone gets busy and the chances are leaving a review for your business isn’t a priority. Follow up a few weeks later, it won’t annoy the client as everyone needs a gentle reminder every now and then.
Lastly, at 08UK we are trying to increase our Google + Reviews so we are offering incentives to all new and existing customers. Cash savings and vouchers along with a review of your business in return.
If you would like to talk to one of our team to get any point clarifying please do not hesitate to contact us. Call us now on 0800 692 7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can call you back.